Thursday, September 07, 2006

Biology sucks.

Well, first I think I'll start out by saying this: fuck biology. Biology pisses me the hell off like no class I can remember.

Maybe it's wrong of me to like to think of myself as anything more than a walking, talking hunk of meat. In reality, I think I can honestly say that I am more than just another animal on this planet. But no, biology, you insist that I'm on par with creatures such as coral, dung beetles, and three toed-sloths. And while I do enjoy the sight of a good three-toed sloth, I don't think that we are what can be considered equal in terms of a whole lot of anything. I mean, sure we share some things in common: hair, eyeballs, a mouth, the occasional vagina or penis (which is probably much larger than mine), and of course a brain. My problem with biology is that I think it undermines everything about life and why I live. If I'm just another animal, why do I bother living? As with other animals, I'll likely not make any contribution at all to existence nor will I have any kind of significance at all when time is reflected upon. Wow, life really doesn't seem worth living anymore. Thanks, biology, you heartless bitch.

Not only this, I'm not big on believing evolution. I don't find anything even remotely appealing about the theory of evolution; oh and it IS just a theory, not a "principal" as my asshole of a textbook claims it to be since it's so "widely accepted by a majority of scientists worldwide." Know what, biology textbook? Eat shit, that's what. I can convince the entire world that basketball is a game invented by the Great Tofu People of Virginia from the year 12-whore-98 under the influence of a hot, spicy boner but that doesn't make it true does it? Of course not and I'm sure that fuckhell biologists would be among the first to point it out to me.

My textbook pisses me off so damn much that I just want to bite my lungs out then choke myself with them. For one, it has the nerve to call evolution a "principal" merely on the basis that some people accept it as truth. Then it has the nerve to get all preachy about how humans are threatening the stability of the planet by the way we alter other ecosystems for our own selfish means (a big example in the book was the estimated rate of 400 species being put to extinction each day). Hm, is it just me or does Mr. Biology undermine his own theory of evolution? Or is it now acceptable to hold a species to a double standard, even if we ARE just animals? You see, I was always taught that part of evolution included the "survival of the fittest." "Survival of the fittest" reasoning says that only the strong survive while the weak die off due to being incapable of sustaining life under present conditions. If this really is part of evolution, and we humans are just animals, then doesn't it make perfect sense that all these other animals are being killed off by us? Hell, we're the strongest, they're the weakest- let the motherfuckers die, we don't need them. It's the natural thing to do. But no, biology, you insist that even if we are no more than any other animal in existence, it is still our responsibility to babysit all the other animals.

Hold up here, folks, biology isn't done not-making-sense just quite yet. Well, actually this is directed toward the lovely people who wrote/published/shat out my $117 biology book (which, for $117, should get me off every time I turn a page). I'm supposed to conserve trees and plants and blah blah blah, but you don't? I say this because as numerous professors here at college have stated, it is completely unnecessary to publish edition after edition of the same damn text. Switching the order of chapters doesn't constitute making more books. Sure, I kill a tree or two with my paper consumption but not nearly as many trees as you hypocritical arseholes do by pinching off all these damn biology textbooks. Ah, now let us ask ourselves why a company would bother to shell out all these editions of the same book hm? It's simple really. If edition one of book A sold well, we'll make it again so that book B sells well too (even though schools don't really need to re-buy them, they do anyway) and we get more money, yaaaaay! Alright conservation-crazy biologists, you just not only killed off another 19 acres of rainforest for books, you killed off another 19 acres to make paper money with! KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!

So to the hypocritical dicks at McGraw-Hill, thanks for the following: a) attempting to strip life of its significance and meaning, b) trying to slap the face of all who do not accept evolution as truth, and c) painting a wonderful picture of the kind of hypocrisy that's running the state of the world straight to hell.

5 comments:

Richard said...

Excellent. It's good to hear from you again. Free will is a step of "evolution" that can prove problematic to evolution rather than sucessful. People make stupid choices all of the time with their highly "evolved" minds that prove problematic for them and sometimes the entire species. So the question is, why did nature give us something that can destroy it?

alex said...

Evolution is a law, you fucking dolt. It happens. Things change over time. Species diverge and specialize. Only adaptive traits survive. Admitting this doesn't mean you aren't christian, or whatever religion you might cling to.
Anyone with a brain enough to look around them will see it happening, and it's been proven in vitro. Take a minute to look in Pubmed and you'll know I'm not kidding.

The Theory of Evolution merely explains how evolution happens - and the fine details will never be completely understood, just like any part of life.

And if you can't bear to stand the thought of living with the knowledge that you're just about as complicated as any other form of life on this planet, you have a pretty materialistic and vain outlook on life that needs some help.

The irony is, I hate biology as well. Only because it's extremely complicated and requires hours and hours of studying to learn.

In any case, if you have a problem accepting some basic facts about how nature works you need to grow the fuck up.

Christian said...

Nice post dude, it seriously made my day. I HATE the way schools teach biology: it's outright demoralizing.

@Alex, there's macroevolution and then there's microevolution. What you're referring to is microevolution--that reproducing organisms infer and accumulate biological changes through generations. My DNA is not equivalent to that of my Father; duh.

Derek is--quite obviously--referring to macroevolution. That is, one species derives its origins from another species, such as evolution from apes. It doesn't end there, however, the theory states that all life dates back to a single-celled RNA-containing organism of less complexity than a single bacterium. That's what they teach, and that's what I choose to reject.

Derek is right in that the hypocrisy of the theory of evolution (and other biological theories) is endless, and it essentially boils down to humans being no more than numerous bosons assembled due to random chance. I believe there's more to the world that humans can directly observe, so like you said, believe what you want.

Anonymous said...

Alex you are such a looser. Really cool post.

Anonymous said...

well i hate biology to