Sunday, September 24, 2006

Equality my ass.

Have I slipped into an alternate dimension? A dimension where I'm forced to live in pre-Civil War America? An America where racism runs rampant and is ignored quite blatantly? No, of course I haven't slipped into such a dimension. Those days were far worse in terms of racism, however I have to wonder what ever happened to true equality and unity between people.

Now before I start off, I'd like to (as usual) make it known that I am not a racist. If you think I AM a racist, please email me so that I can personally tell you to kiss my ass. Thank you. Now let's begin.

Last week here at Penn State Harrisburg, we had what was called "club fest." It was basically an event where various clubs here from school set up tables in the main plaza of campus to try to recruit people and whatnot. And since it earned me credit in my First Year Seminar course, I attended the event and browsed through the clubs that were there. The one that sparked my interest the most (and not because I wanted to join it), was a club exclusively for black students here at Penn State Harrisburg. Am I the only one with my head out of my ass enough to see something wrong here? Sounds like a racist organization to me. But first let's define racism.

Racism is defined as "Discrimination or prejudice based on race" by the American Heritage Dictionary. Okay, now let's examine further. Since I can't recall the name of the club offhand, we're going to refer to it as the Black Students Club (BSC). The BSC is a club exclusively for African-American students here at Penn State Harrisburg, thus any other race is denied entrance into this club. Denying someone entrance into an establishment due to their race is discrimination. The BSC denies membership based on race- thus, they are discriminating. According to the dictionary referenced earlier, discrimination based on race is racism. Therefore, the BSC openly practices racism in its recruiting tactics. Sadly, this is overlooked by the Penn State policy that claims to not tolerate bigotry, racism, sexism, discrimination, and all other similar practices. Why is it acceptable for this to go on? I don't mean to make the BSC out to sound like a bunch of hate-filled racists or anything, but the group itself practices racism, whether the members involved realize it or not. And no matter how any of you assholes look at it, the fact remains that this IS racism. Not only that, it is University-sponsored racism.

All this time, groups have been begging for equality -- when and where did the quest for equality turn into a quest for supremacy?

If I were to form a student club here at school called The White Students Club, I'd get shut the hell down faster than I can even imagine. I would be called a skinhead, a racist piece of shit, and a white supremacist. People would tell me to go join the KKK and burn a cross (after which I would kindly tell them to go suck piss). I can only imagine the heat I'd get from people if I made a group like that. Not that I ever would of course, but that isn't the point.

Look, I know that African-Americans were mistreated very very extensively by whites during the earlier years of the United States, but there is nothing I can do about that. Thankfully, times have changed and a lot of racism has been dealt with (yes, I know that racism still goes on, blah blah blah, but not as widely as it did before). Either way, the circumstances of the past absolutely cannot justify the practice of any kind of racism today. That would be like Jews saying that they should be allowed to kill six million Germans for what happened to them in World War II. Anyone can see that is a completely ridiculous idea. This is the same concept.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I just wanted to illustrate the point that there really is no such thing as "equality" when things like this are allowed to go on. Once again, we live in a world of double standards.

Makes me sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i like where your going with this ..like if i tried to have an all white clib or WET white entertainment television i'd be called racist or if we had an all white school ...lol sometimes it just doesn;t seem right but hey what can ya do

Hunter

Anonymous said...

I was turned away from the Black Student Unions picnic.

Really,
Don Flaminko

The Master of All said...

You were turned away from the Black Student Union's picnic? Wow, that's some bullshit right there. See what kind of this shit I'm fucking talking about?
Don, get your ass on AIM and message me: BlackPlague1347 or email me: dtw5021@psu.edu we're long overdue for intelligent chit-chat.